Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Ladies do Yourself a Favor and Get a DOG

I am about to begin my final year of graduate school and would like to share a lesson to all the ladies out there. Many years ago, someone once told me that "the chase was better than the kill." I didn't know what that meant until I got myself a DOG.

I got a male dog and he would leave the yard, run wild in the woods and parade through the neighborhood like he owned it.

Every time he would leave the yard, I was compelled to chase him. You see
I was afraid.  What if he ran into the streets and got hit by a car?  What if he got attacked by a porcupine?  What if he didn't come back?
I was worried about him being put in dangers wake and yet
he was living the dream for he had the best of both worlds.
He was able to run free, have a home to return to and most importantly
he had the comfort in knowing that I cared enough to chase him.

Then one day I got annoyed and I stopped chasing the little bastard.
When I stopped chasing him and amazing thing happened.
He stopped running and came back.
In fact he would watch me turn by back on him
then he would come a running.

Chasing is a fools pursuit.

When my dog runs, I no longer chase him,
He is trained to be loyal and loving.
If he runs don't chase him.
Stand your ground, turn away, ignoring him.
Head held high and proud.

Be
Loyal 
to 
Yourself 
and
he'll come
running to
Y O U

No comments:

Post a Comment